Semantia, including any related bodies corporate, (‘Semantia Pty Ltd’) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information
The type of personal information that Semantia collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you;
- purchase products from Semantia
- register for services
- subscribe to a journal or newsletter
- register at the Semantia website(s)
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide to Semantia, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested, Semantia may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the products and services you have requested
- administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- research and develop Semantia’s service offerings
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Semantia to provide you with a better service
- provide information to ensure compliance with Semantia’s Constitution and Bylaws (in the case of members)
- provide you with access to and information about a range of current and future service offerings
- provide Semantia Business and Marketing Partners with information so that they may contact you in relation to their service offerings.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above, Semantia may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. The organisations to which Semantia discloses information may include:
- external service providers to whom Semantia has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service Semantia has contracted out
- Semantia’s Business and Marketing Partners
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Semantia’s professional advisers
- Semantia related companies
- other professional bodies
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. For more information contact us.
Semantia takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you;
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information;
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to your information.
Semantia will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Semantia’ personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
You can access your personal information
Individuals will be able to access their personal information by contacting Semantia or the Privacy Officer.
Upon request, Semantia will provide you with access to your personal information, subject to exceptions stated in the Privacy Act. Semantia reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to information. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons.
Members can access and update their contact details and member profile online.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us.
From other overseas locations: +61 3 9419 9773
Semantia Pty Ltd
PO Box 7301
St Kilda Road VIC 8004