The IT Industry is riddled with failed projects, massive cost blowouts and an unhappy user base and, as an experienced IT Manager, Program Director, CEO or CTO, you know that with proper planning and an intelligent and informed team around you, these should never happen.
But while theory works in a perfect world, and in a perfect world your IT ROI is virtually assured, reality is a different matter.
Tough IT Decisions Made Fast
You’re in the role you’re in because of decisions you’ve taken in the past.
Think about it…Those same decisions, executed in the same way, will get you to exactly the point you find yourself right now.
It’s the decisions you take today are the ones that determine your success tomorrow. And, in the wake of new IT investment, new decisions are needed. New strategies, new approaches and new models of execution.
New decisions however, require analysis of new information, new technologies and new methodologies. How do you balance the need for “new” with the desire for “fast”.
Architecture Fast Track
Semantia’s Architecture Fast Track Service tracks an evolutionary path of more than 13 years. Initially created to support massive re-architectural efforts that results from the Dot.com era, it has been applied to a growing number of domains – providing solutions a wide range of problems – from transportation and logistics, warehousing, finance and billing to consumer-related online industries.
It is the only service of its kind that brings together up to 10 of your key stakeholders and team members with a focus on solving IT problems before they arise.
Run as a facilitated workshop over four weeks, it delivers focus and results across four key dimensions:
- Identify major Driving Forces affecting the business
- Determine the business Rationale for change
- Discuss the Implications of changes to the business
- Create a set of Business Principles which must be adhered to
- Identify major Functional elements required by the solution
- Align Functional elements to Business Rationale
- Discuss the Implications of Functional elements on the Business
- Create a set of Functional Principles which must be adhered to
- Identify major Technology elements required by the solution
- Align Technical elements to Functional rationale
- Discuss Implications of Technical elements on the Business
- Create a set of Technical Principles which must be adhered to
- Identify major Implementation elements required by the solution
- Align Implementation elements to Technology rationale
- Discuss Implications of Implementation elements on the business
- Create a set of Implementation Principles which must be adhered to
Architecture Fast Track is delivered as a series of four, two-hour workshops with key members of team. The workshops are held on site.
At the end of the process, you’ll receive four professionally printed and bound Architecture Blueprints. They provide you with the key IT focus areas, major risk areas and estimated costs, timeframes and resource requirements.
Architecture Fast Track is designed for organisations with an IT budget of $1 million or more.